- Laid back
- Cross cradle
- Side lying
Any position is good as long as you follow these tips:
- You’re relaxed and comfortable with good posture.
- Your back and your arms are well supported.
- Your baby’s shoulders and body are supported.
- Your baby’s head is at the level of your breasts.
- Your baby’s ear, shoulder and hip are in a straight line.
- Your baby’s torso is facing your chest (with the exception of the football hold).
- Your baby’s body is in full contact with yours.
- Your baby’s nose approaches your nipple, and his chin touches your breast.