Call for Tenders
Prequalification of General Contractors for Renovation of Existing Office Space in Alexandria
The Eastern Ontario Health Unit proposes to renovate office space of approximately 5,000 square feet in its building at 60 Anik Street, Alexandria, Ont.
Tenders will be invited from prequalified contractors only. Tendering is expected to take place immediately following the prequalification process.
To be considered, contractors must have completed construction projects of a contract value in excess of $500,000 in Commercial office or Health Care facilities in the last 5 years.
Contractors interested in being prequalified to bid on the work must submit the following:
- Completed CCDC 11 document
- Resume of staff members to be assigned to the project References from clients of two previous projects of a similar nature
- Description of Contractor’s Health and Safety Policy
- Submission of the most recent CAD 7, including calculations and CAD 7 profile issued by WSIB and Construction Safety Association
- Letter stating total bonding limit; 50% Performance Bond and 50% Labour and Materials Payment Bond (letter is optional but preferred)
The prequalification process will include an assessment of previous performance in a number of areas including, but not limited to: similar work, scheduling, completion on schedule, contact administration, workmanship, correction of deficiencies, Health and Safety compliance, and references.
The envelope shall be labeled “Prequalification Submission for Alexandria” delivered by mail or by hand to the reception desk at:
Eastern Ontario Health Unit
1000 Pitt Street
Attention: Mr. Ed Halliwell
Telephone: 613 363-6356
Prequalification information must be submitted no later than 12:00 noon on Thursday, July 5, 2018.
Submissions received after the closing deadline will not be accepted and returned to the contractor unopened. The Eastern Ontario Health Unit reserves the right to select and prequalify only those contractors they deem suitable for the project.